If you are transferring into the HIIM program from a community college or another university, our goal is to facilitate your transfer and help you complete the B.S. program in a timely manner.
Courses which could be completed at the community college level include:
• English Composition I and II (6 hours)
• Technical Writing (3 hours)
• College Algebra (3 hours)
• Finite Mathematics (3 hours)
• Speech Communications – public speaking (3 hours)
• Anatomy and Physiology I and II, (6 hours)
• Physics or Chemistry (3 hours)
• General Psychology (3 hours)
• Sociology (3 hours)
• Fine Arts – music, theater, dance or art appreciation (3 hours)
• History (3 hours)
• Medical Terminology (3 hours)
If you are uncertain as to whether a specific course will count toward the B.S. degree in Health Informatics and Information Management at Louisiana Tech University, please contact us prior to enrolling in the course.